Wednesday 11 September 2013

Why do I blog?

I've been thinking a lot recently about why I do this blog. Let's start right off by saying this - it's not because I think I have all the answers, it's because I'd like to find some! I have commonly-held dreams of writing that book one day, and want to keep up writing practice. I want to connect with other Christian mamas, share ideas and challenges. And yes, I have a lot to say and like this outlet!

I've been surprised since starting the blog the people who tell me they read it. When I started I didn't think anyone but my constantly-supportive sister would strive to be interested. I've since heard that a dear friend who is travelling the world took time, with shoddy Internet connection, to read my blog whilst between China and Singapore. My ever-helpful house-less housewife, despite not holding any religious affiliations, frequently encourages me about my recent posts. And my sweet cousins from New Zealand, not yet old enough to run their own households, always have lovely comments to make.

What I'm saying is that you never know who is watching. I don't know who reads this blog (but I would love to - please comment!), but it warms my heart to know the people I love, no matter their stage in life, take the time to read about mine.

So, to those I know, thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I would love to hear from you. And if there's anyone out there who is reading who I don't know, I would like to get to know you. If you have a blog of your own I want to read it - please post a link. God offers us so many opportunities to connect to others, and I'm excited that this is becoming one such method!

No comments:

Post a Comment