Thursday 3 October 2013

Command centre


My next project was setting up my home 'command centre'. I've seen these quite a lot on Pinterest and thought they looked like a good idea. For mine I got a foam board (Hobbycraft £5), a wall file (Ikea £15) a wall hanger (Fintorp range Ikea, £24) and our family calendar. When I put it all together like that it sounds like quite a lot of money actually! I've already gotten a lot of use out of it so I think it'll be worth it.

In the wall file is my family binder, diary, address book and maternity notes. I'm also going to put the frog's colouring books here - in the pots are some art supplies for him (i.e. pens and crayons, we haven't advanced any further than that!). I'm hoping to 'prettify' at some point, but that's definitely my weakest area! I've found it really helpful having everything I need in one place - it sits above my kitchen table so I can take the stuff out and work on it while the frog is eating or drawing.

Do you have a central area in your house to keep everything together - what do you find most useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment